10.24.2012

why now

mom and me circa 1987

Hello world. For a little while now I've considered a number of reasons to start a blog ... creative outlet, document our lives, test out projects that has been living in the back of my mind, hone in on my recent acquired Photoshop/Illustrator skills and the list goes on, but why now? Though I intend for this blog to be filled with pretty, interesting and creative things, this blog is born at a dark time in my life. 2012 is the year that my mom is diagnosed with cancer ...the year my world stood still. I had the privilege of being able to put my school on hold and take care of her (and watch her kick the cancer's behind). Therefore, this blog is dedicated to my mom (on her birthday today) who taught me to think creatively and live passionately. I can only hope that this blog will be one of the many good things that comes out of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment